The Orissa State Government has decided to develop tourism infrastructure and tourist places in the Western Orissa districts by setting up a separate circuit.
The new tourism circuit will include Sambalpur, Jharsuguda, Deogarh, Bargarh and Sundargarh districts. Emphasis will be on development of tourism places in these places which includes ancient temples and water falls. Rural tourism will be given added emphasis to revive the village economy.
Emphasis will be on rural tourism and development of heritage places to attract foreign tourists to these areas.
Other tourist places to be identified for development include:
- Tureikela in Balangir district
- Chikhidi and Deodhar in Bargarh district
- Pradhanpat and Kailash in Deogarh
- Pikalaghugar and Bikramkhol in Jharsuguda
- Ushakothi and Khenda in Sambalpur
- Miriglotha and Vedvyas in Sundargarh district.