1. Ramchandi Beach in Konark is home to one of the country’s few surfing schools. The still waters provide perfect support for Stand-up Paddle (SUP) surfing.
2. Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu could well be one of the windiest places on Earth. The swell gets big here but is usually blown out. If you meet wind surfers, tell them to head to Kanyakumari.
3. Kovalam Beach in Kerala is the best known surf spot in India. Conditions are conducive to surfing all year around.
4. Auroville in Puducherry is a unique place that a few local surfers together with European enthusiasts have made their base.
5. Visakhapatanam in Andhra Pradesh has big beaches, good hotels, a commercial harbour and some great point breaks.
6. The Andaman Island Archipelago is where surfing enthusiasts should head between February and May. Here, you experience some of the best waves the planet has to offer, and they remain un-ridden except by a few brave surfing soldiers.