“We are glad to announce the Konkan Tour, especially for those who want to explore it in a comfortable manner. Konkan has become one of the most sought after tourist destinations in the recent past. With the peak season approaching (Christmas and New Year), we expect positive response from tourists,” said Satish Soni, joint managing director, Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC).
The 3 night 2 day tour will start from Dadar station. It will cover beaches of Tarkarli, Kunkeshwar and Ganpatipule, and Sindhudurg Fort. Those interested in religion and spirituality will get a chance to visit the Suvarn Ganesh Mandir at MedhaMalvan, Kunkeshwar Shiva Temple and the famous Ganpati temple at Ganpatipule.
The tour package has been priced at Rs5,400 (sleeper class train seat, non-AC accommodation and transport). There is also a deluxe package at Rs8,700 (three-tier AC coach seat, AC accommodation and transport).
“Konkan is among the most famous places of tourist interest in Maharashtra, full of architectural marvels, forts and pristine beaches along the hills. Tourists will also get to relish the unique cuisine of the region at an affordable rate,” said an MTDC official.
- Depart from Dadar on a night train.
- Arrive at Sawantwadi station, Kudal, the next morning and proceed towards Malvan/Tarkarli.
- On arrival, check into hotel there and freshen up.
- After breakfast, visit beaches at Tarkarli, Suvarn Ganesh Mandir at Medha Malvan, and Sindhudurg Fort.
- Dinner and overnight stay at Malvan/Tarkarli.
- After breakfast the next day, proceed towards Ganpatipule.
- En route visit the temple of Lord Shiva in Kunkeshwar.
- Visit the Ganesh temple and later the beach at Ganpatipule.
- Proceed towards Ratnagiri station for departure and arrive in Mumbai the next morning.
For more details visit maharashtratourism.gov.in/HTML/MaharashtraTourism/Tour Package/new Tour/tourpackage.html