The Manipur Tourism Festival 2009 is going to be held at the Hatta Kangjeibung ( Palace ground), Imphal East from December 10 to 19.
Highlights of this year`s festival:
- Showcasing of extreme sports like BMX cycles
- Demonstration cum friendly competition will be held by the expert cyclists from Indonesia, Singapore and Thailand, apart from local talents
- Adventure tours: cycles expedition from Imphal to Ukhrul, Siroy Lily and Dzuko valley areas will be held.
- Different items of foods including from Myanmar are also going to be made available at different stalls.
- Indigenous sports like Polo (Sagol Kangjei) will be played
- Display of famous dances like Raj Leela and other tribal dances
From next year the Manipur Tourism Festival will be celebrated as “Sangai Festival”.